Job: Resource Mobilisation Officer at WACSI
West Africa Civil Society Institute
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through research, training and policy engagement facilitation. WACSI seeks committed, motivated and dynamic persons to join its team to contribute to enhancing civil society’s professionalism, efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa.
Deadline for submission of application is Tuesday 31st July, 2012
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for a 12 month consultancy as: Resource Mobilisation Officer
The main objective of this consultancy is to assist WACSI to secure and diversify its resource base, in line with the Institute’s Resource Mobilization strategy.
Under the overall leadership and guidance of the Executive Director, the Resource Mobilisation Officer will work closely with the Training and Capacity Building, Policy Advocacy, Research and Documentation and other Officers in performing the underlisted tasks to implement the Institute’s Resource Mobilization Strategy.
Tasks will include the following:
1. Review and implementation of Resource Mobilisation Strategy;
2. Initiate and establish relationships with donors at the country and international level and lead in programmes that will facilitate this;
3. Research and analyse donor call for funding applications including expressions of interest and requests for proposals;
4. Provide technical support and advice on grant proposal development to the program team members;
5. Raise an agreed amount within the contract duration.
6. Develop innovative approaches in mobilizing non-financial resources locally and internationally; and develop a strategy for obtaining this regularly.
Qualifications and experience:
• University degree in Economics, Social works or related development field. A Masters’ degree in development, management, or a related development field is desirable;
• A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in a related field and in non-profit resource mobilization;
• Proven track record in fund raising and resource mobilization at local and international levels;
• Fluency in English. A working knowledge of French will be an asset.
• A strong awareness of current issues in the field of development, and donor funding opportunities;
• Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web based research; use of virtual office applications will be an added advantage;
• Excellent networking and partnership building skills with experience in networking with local and international NGOs, CSOs, donors, Ministry-level partners, and other organizations;
• Knowledge of various donor requirements and proven ability to develop and write winning grants proposals;
• Extensive knowledge in Program planning, design development and management;
• Proven ability in grant management reporting;
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment;
• Dynamic, self-motivated and be able to work independently;
• Team builder and player.
1. Interested applicants must submit a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae/Resume, to: admin-at-wacsi.org
2. Deadline for submission of application is Tuesday 31st July, 2012.
NB: WACSI is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Further Information: http://wacsi.org