The Centre for African Studies welcomes on a regular basis visiting scholars in the framework of research and teaching projects. Scholars interested in a research association for the time of their stay in Basel apply to the coordination office of the Centre using the form available in the download section of this page and submitting adequate documentation (research proposal, CV, credentials).
- The acceptance of applications for Visiting Associateship is at the discretion of the Centre for African Studies Basel.
- Visiting Associates are expected to cover all expenses incurred during their stay. That is, Visiting Associateships in general are self-funded.
- The provision of a workspace (if requested) depends on availability.
- Associates are expected to engage with researchers, faculty and students at the Centre for African Studies Basel, associated departments and institutions and to give at least one presentation in the framework of a research seminar or the like.
- Associates are therefore advised to get in touch with colleagues in an appropriate academic department at the University of Basel or an institution affiliated to the Centre linked to their area of expertise. Scholarly interaction will be arranged mainly through the respective academic department or institution.
- Visiting Associates are afforded internet and library access. Those associates who are provided a workspace with telephone and internet access are required to make a deposit.
- Visiting Associates undertake all their own administration.
- Upon departure the Visiting Associate submits a short report of one to three pages on his or her stay.