Job: IPA Program Officer (African Innovation Foundation, Zurich)
The Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA Program) is an annual award and the associated awards. To build capacity and unlock potential of IPA winners / nominees, IPA Team evaluates and implements strategic activities in line with winners / nominees' identified needs. The ideal candidate must be in the hands of innovation and African socioeconomic development. This position requires to be highly organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multitask. He / she reports to the IPA Program Director. To support its IPA Program, AIF is looking for a team in Zurich, an experienced IPA Program Officer.
Job location: AIF Zurich Office
Start date: As soon as possible
Workload: 80% - 100%
Duration: 8 months contract
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and testing program platforms including websites in different languages in cooperation with the relevant webmasters;
- Assist in developing Program;
- Work with the IPA process manager to support the pre-screening / screening IPA applications;
- Monitor IPA 2018 successful submission process (troubleshoot applicants, targeted and timely communications to applicants and IPA network, desk research to secure quality entries ...);
- Updating a database of African innovation ecosystem members (investors, academics, innovation hubs, innovators ...) and organizing strategic activities related to IPA activities, with a focus on francophone Africa;
- Mining and analyzing IPA performance data based on program needs;
- Following up on post-prize activities and produce an associated report;
- Translating from English to French / reviewing
- Conducting desk research on African innovation ecosystems / other relevant
- Overall support the IPA Program Director and the Managing Director on any other unspecified tasks as needed.
Skills & Specifications
- Master degree in relevant fields such as Business management / administration / entrepreneurship, sciences (including social sciences), IT, economics etc;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in the Africa continent;
- Solid Project Management experience with similar activities;
- Excellent analytical skills and structured thinking with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the willingness to succeed and get jobs done according to the deadlines;
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with experience working with people from various backgrounds (cultures, level of educations, positions etc.);
- Ability to think strategically and act diplomatically combined with independent and precise work;
- Business/entrepreneurship skills and scientific background would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel used on a daily basis), good knowledge of navigating databases and of event management tools/platforms, as well as ability to use Salesforce;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French. Knowledge of Portuguese or Arabic is a plus;
- Valid permit to work in Switzerland;
- Availability of travel as per business needs.
Interested candidates are invited to apply below. Only direct applications with CV and motivation.
Further information: Job advertisement (link)