Job: 50% post doc researcher on migration, settlement and new urbanism in Africa
Faculty of Political and Social Sciences, Ghent University
Applicants play an active role as one of the researchers in an international research project entitled: “Changing Urban Residency: Migration, Temporary Settlement and New Urbanism in Africa”. Applicants are the principal investigator for the Democratic Republic of Congo case study. The research investigates the spatial and socio-political dynanamics of the transformation from temporary to permanent settlement of IDPs, refugees and rural-urban migrants in the Kivu provinces in Eastern Congo.
For more information see the projects website: Changing Urban Residency: Migration, Temporary Settlement and New Urbanism in Africa.
Tasks in the project consist of:
- Fieldwork with qualitative data collection in the DRC
- Coordination of quantitative data collection in the DRC
- Analysis of the research results
- Organize and participate in project related international workshops
- Presenting research results in the format of academic publications and policy reports
Apply online through the e-recruitment systembefore the 1 December 2020.
For further information on the position, requirements, and application regulations please see the original advert provided below.