Job: Assistant Professor of National Studies
Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi University (ADU) is a private, multi campus university dedicated to meeting the needs for educational opportunities in the United Arab Emirates and neighboring countries. The University is committed to offering challenging educational programs to all admitted students and program participants seeking a superior education regardless of their race, religion, color, gender, disability or national origin. ADU promotes collegial, efficient and effective management practices and is internationally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) in the USA. The university seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to cooperate with peer institutions worldwide; and applies state-of-the-art learning technologies in modern facilities.
The Academic Programs for the Military Colleges are currently inviting applications for faculty appointments in National Studies for Academic Year 2018-19. Appointments at all levels (Instructor & Assistant Professor,) are available and will be decided based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Faculty members report to the Director of the Academic Programs for the Military Colleges, and participate in the growth and development of the University. Faculty members will be engaged in teaching in the Undergraduate program, involved in research activities, and committed to university service.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institute in a discipline within specialization.
- Fluent in Arabic
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- Successful university teaching experience, relevant to the academic rank.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
Further information: Job advertisement