Job: CPS advisor to support the organisation Zimbabwe Human Rights Association in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Weltfriedensdienst e.V. (WFD)
Weltfriedensdienst e.V. (WFD) is a non-governmental organisation with 60 years of experience in project support worldwide. WFD is an implementing organisation of the Civil Peace Service Programme (CPS) of the German government.
For the CPS program in Zimbabwe the Weltfriedensdienst e.V. is looking for a CPS advisor to support our partner organisation Zimbabwe Human Rights Association in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Association (ZimRights) is a grassroots member organisation registered under the Private Voluntary Organisations Act. ZimRights is committed to peaceful, community-based development and the participation of citizens in democratic processes. ZimRights strives to protect and defend human rights in Zimbabwe through education, information, legal advice and assistance, lobbying and networking. With a grassroots approach, ZimRights implements measures in all ten provinces of the country through the existing member structures.
The organisation carries out a project aimed at promoting the capacity of citizens to use their constitutional rights and to express their demands and expectations to decision-makers in a competent and non-violent way. This project will be carried out in Bulawayo, Matabeleland South and Masvingo. ZimRights is therefore looking for a technical advisor who can develop a deeper understanding of the dynamics and causes of conflict in the provinces of Bulawayo and Matabeleland.
The work of ZimRights is determined by the strategic goals of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) and in particular by the CPS country strategy for Zimbabwe. Within the framework of this approach, great importance is attached to creating synergies between the various CPS partner organisations of the Weltfriedensdienst e.V. The advertised position therefore not only includes working with ZimRights, but also cross-project tasks that promote information and knowledge management and foster the cooperation between all CPS partners.
- General teamwork and collaboration in the implementation of the project jointly with colleagues in the partner organisation
- To support the work of ZimRights in advising communities and local leaders on the development of conflict transformation concepts and processes
- Supporting ZimRights in the application of innovative and context-specific methods for constructive conflict resolution
- Technical assistance to the Information Officer of ZimRights and other WFD partner organisations in the development and implementation of a communication strategy
- Training programme staff in the safe use of social networks
- Consulting on the implementation and administration of secure data management systems with ZimRights and other WFD partners
- Supporting WFD and its partners in Zimbabwe in developing an information and database on conflicts and peace-building in Zimbabwe
- If necessary, introduce secure open source information management software that is relevant for the CPS organisations and the project
- Support of the WFD country programme in building synergies between the CPS partners for an improved impact orientation
- Relevant degree (e.g. Social Sciences, Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies) and areas of specialisation or further training in the field of conflict management
- Relevant practical work experience in peace or development work, ideally in Africa
- Expertise and practical experience in methods and approaches of conflict transformation and civic participation
- Profound knowledge of data and information management methods
- Knowledge of the social, economic and political context of Zimbabwe
- Experience in NGO work, especially in the area of networking and synergy formation
- Valid driving licence / driving experience
- Sound understanding of advocacy work in conflict areas
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to understand the needs of communities and local authorities
- Practical experience in working with NGOs, preferably in intercultural teams abroad
- Good network capabilities
- Excellent computer skills