Job: Junior Program Officer (100%)
swisspeace Statehood and Conflict Program, Basel
The swisspeace Statehood & Conflict Program focuses on state formation and state-building processes as well as governance frameworks and structures, both state and non-state, in conflict-affected contexts. Through swisspeace's research and practice-oriented work, it contributes towards a more critical understanding of state-building processes and political dynamics at the multiple levels of governance. In close cooperation with swisspeace's partners, the organization advises local, regional, and international actors on how to effectively strengthen their strategic and programmatic approaches to promote peaceful political transformations.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (international relations, political sciences, social sciences or similar disciplines).
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in peacebuilding or related fields and a strong interest in conflict transformation and the role of local actors.
- Experience in project management, including financial management and monitoring & evaluation.
- Excellent spoken and written English. French, Arabic, German or Spanish are assets.
- Strong team player with an ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
- Availability for international travel, including to conflict-affected countries (conditions permitting).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘JPO Statehood & Conflict’ in the subject line.
Deadline: 6 December 2020.