Job: Project Manager (80-100%) (W/M)
Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Your mission :
"Excellence in Africa" is a new program launched by EPFL, designed to have a sustainable impact in Africa
- through a network of highly-educated junior faculty based in Africa, to build a solid ground for excellent research and innovation
- by anchoring collaboration within partner African institutions
- by increasing EPFL’s and Switzerland’s visibility in Africa, for attracting talent and conducting excellent research
- by accompanying the digital transformation in Africa.
The program consists of three pillars:
(1) junior African faculty development through research project with EFPL professors, (2) mentoring of 100 PhDs enrolled in African universities by EPFL professors and (3) digital education. As part of the development of "Excellence in Africa" we are looking for a Project Manager to be in charge of the two first pillars of the program.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Development of the valorization strategy of the program
- Coordination and execution of the work plan
- Administrative and financial follow-up of the projects
- Coordination of the communication of the project
- Development and management of academic partnerships with other institutions of the initiative
- Animation of the network of partners involved in connection with the other projects of the program.
The Project Manager reports to the Head of the program.
Your profile :
- PhD in engineering or natural sciences
- Fluent in English and French, German is a plus
- Knowledge of the African context is a prerequisite
- Ideally a research experience in the Global South
- Ideally an experience in research or education project management
We offer :
- Excellent working conditions
- A very stimulating multicultural work environment
- A great team work atmosphere
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of employment: Fixed-term (CDD)
Work rate: 80-100%
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
For additional information, please contact M. Jérôme CHENAL by e-mail to email@example.com