CAP Prize: And the winners 2018 are…
Yassine Alaoui Ismaili, Paul Botes, Anna Boyiazis, Tommaso Fiscaletti & Nic Grobler and Phumzile Khanyile.
The five winners of the CAP Prize for Contemporary African Photography 2018 were announced at PhotoBasel international art fair and selected by an international panel of 23 judges from 25 shortlisted artists.
The winnes are
- Yassine Alaoui Ismaili with Casablanca Not the Movie, 2014–2018
- Paul Botes with Marikana - The Aftermath, 2013 – on-going
- Anna Boyiazis with Finding Freedom in the Water, 2016
- Tommaso Fiscaletti & Nic Grobler with Hemelliggaam or The Attempt to be Here Now, 2016–2018
- Phumzile Khanyile with Plastic Crowns, 2016