Job: PhD scholarship offered by the Centre for African Studies Basel
The Centre for African Studies at the University of Basel calls for applications for a doctoral position covering a period of three years funded by the Humer Foundation for Academic Talent.
The scholarship allows you to develop your research question and methodological framework, conduct research, analyse your data and write your thesis within the framework of the Basel Graduate Network African Studies. You will be in a position to concentrate fully on your research project over a period of three years.
- Applicants hold an excellent Master degree or equivalent qualification in one of the disciplines represented by the members of the Centre for African Studies Basel eligible for the supervision of PhD candidates;
- present an original idea for a research project;
- have very good research and writing skills;
- commit themselves fully to their PhD project during the funding period and aim at completing their project within the said period;
- meet the requirements for admission to PhD studies at the University of Basel.
Your application includes:
- a letter of motivation (not exceeding two pages);
- a curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages and including a list of publications, if applicable);
- a short proposal (1500-2500 words);
- copies of undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas complete with transcripts (please note that the overall grade received for the Master degree is relevant for admission);
- the contact details of two referees (university professors or lecturers);
- one or two writing samples (including Master thesis or equivalent).
Submit your application by email to email@example.com. Please assemble documents No. 1-5 in one single pdf document in the order listed above and submit the writing samples as separate pdf files.
2 June 2019
Visit our website: https://zasb.unibas.ch
Centre for African Studies Basel Executive Office Rheinsprung 21 CH-4051 Basel