The SNIS Award is open for submissions
The SNIS Award for an excellent Ph.D. thesis in International Studies is now open and ready for YOUR submission.
The 2020 SNIS Award aims to reward and recognize the best Ph.D. thesis in the field of International Studies received from a Swiss University. Here at SNIS, we hope to encourage and support young researchers to delve into their early careers while simultaneously promoting the interdisciplinary and ever-changing field of International Studies. Hence, the prize of this prestigious award is that of CHF 10,000.
'International Studies' encompasses various academic fields and analyses subjects that range from political, economic, social, environmental, legal, and health issues that extend beyond national boundaries. It is the ultimate interdisciplinary topic. Thus, the submitted Ph.D. theses are not limited in potential subjects, their academic disciplines can range from political science, economics, sociology, social and cultural anthropology, to law, history, geography, environmental sciences and more.
A jury composed of experts in one or several areas relevant to International Studies will evaluate the submitted Ph.D. theses. A thesis that can convince the jury of its reach beyond disciplinary boundaries is a definite asset and has a higher chance of collecting the award.
Here are the conditions in order to enter:
- must have received their Ph.D. degree at a Swiss University in the calendar year 2019
- must have received 'summa cum laude' or a mark equal or superior to 5.5.
- the thesis must be written in either English, French or German
- the thesis must relate to International Studies
- must submit before March 13th
Please consult the SNIS website
- to view more details on the formal application rules,
- to get information on how to submit your entry
- to view past thesis award winners
The submission deadline is 13th of March 2020 - 13:00h (Swiss Time – GMT +1)
Should you have any specific questions, please contact the SNIS secretariat:
T: 022 525 05 47 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org