swisspeace course: National Dialogue & Peace Mediation
Today’s peace processes are highly complex, as currently seen in Syria, Yemen and South Sudan. Peace mediation and national dialogues are widely recognized as two relevant avenues for the peaceful settlement of conflicts.
It is a pleasure to announce the 5th edition of the National Dialogue & Peace Mediation Course, offered jointly by swisspeace and the Berghof Foundation, from 11-15 February 2019 at the University of Basel. The application deadline is 30 November 2018.
In this course, participants will:
- get insights into how to define, design and support national dialogue processes
- receive hands-on training in dialogue and mediation skills
- reflect on lessons from past processes
- exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice
Leading scholars and experienced practitioners facilitate this course:
- Roxaneh Bazergan, Mediation Support Unit, UN DPA
- Katia Papagianni, Director Mediation and Policy, Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue
- Luxshi Vimalarajah, Program Director Mediation & Dialogue Support, Berghof Foundation
- Dr. Oliver Wils, Program Director Middle East and North Africa, Berghof Foundation
- Philipp Lustenberger, Co-Head of Mediation Program, swisspeace
Further information: National Dialogue & Peace Mediation Course
Export event as iCal