Doctoral students at the ZASB have the option to enrol either for the interdisciplinary PhD degree in African Studies or for a PhD in any discipline related to the Centre. Thematic research groups as well as the Basel Graduate Network African Studies offer a specific framework for the supervision of individual PhD students and projects.
In order to be admitted to PhD studies, graduates have to solicit the support of one of the professors associated with the Centre and fulfil the general criteria for admission to doctoral studies at the University of Basel.
Junnan Mu: "'This is the Only Way to Go': The Online and Offline Life of Fake Certificates in Kenya"Colloquium of the Institute of Social Anthropology
Olena Sobolieva: "Collective Memory and Moral Economy in the Land Disputes in Crimea"Colloquium of the Institute of Social Anthropology
Shepherd Mutswiri: "Competing Political Imaginaries Of Decolonisation: Liberal Multi-Racialism Expressed Through A Negotiated Settlement for Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, 1965−1980"Research Seminar African History
- Basel Graduate Network African Studies
- Events for PhD students
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Doktorat an der Philosophisch-Naturwissenschaftlichen Fakultät
- Graduate Center of the University of Basel
- Admission to doctoral studies at the University of Basel
- Career Advancement Office
- Support Services and Ombudsman's Office of the University of Basel