The University of Basel and its Centre for African Studies offer numerous options to focus on Africa during your studies:
Since 2002 the Centre for African Studies Basel has offered an MA in interdisciplinary African Studies. The programme integrates the specific competencies in African Studies at the University of Basel into interdisciplinary training that combines natural and social sciences and humanities.
Africa-related courses are also offered within the framework of other BA and MA study programmes and several subject areas provide the option of choosing Africa as a regional focus.
Around 40 students are currently registered for the MA African Studies programme, and many students from other programmes participate in courses and engage with themes related to African studies.
Degree programmes with focus on Africa
Most Africa-related courses are linked to the MA African Studies in the university's online course directory. The detailed directory includes additional relevant courses offered by the University of Basel and other universities.
Do you have questions related to your study options or conditions for admission? Do you need help with compiling your curriculum? Or can we support you in organising your internship? Please contact us. We are happy to assist you with these and any other matters that may arise during your studies.
- Studies at the University of Basel
- Course directory of the University of Basel
- Open Auditorium - refugees as course auditors
- Skuba – Student Union of the University of Basel
- Bachelor and Master programmes at the Swiss TPH
- Studies at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Studies at the Faculty of Science
- Support Services and Ombudsman's Office of the University of Basel