Intercultural Skills: Communication
Continuing education course (6/7 June 2019)
After an introduction to concepts and theories of intercultural and transcultural competence, participants engage with very practical challenges and the potential of working in an international environment and in multicultural teams.
The main goal of the course is to raise awareness of the role of culture and equip participants with communication resources to productively apply in international working environments. Based on a thorough understanding of how culture affects perception, communication and work, participants will be able to consciously develop their own intercultural and transcultural competencies.
This course lays the ground for the course Intercultural skills: Collaboration & Management.
- Concepts and theory of intercultural and transcultural competence
- Culture and perception from a social sciences and humanities perspective
- Identity and plural affiliation
- Transcultural competence and narrative empathy
- Cultural dimensions and value orientations
- Patterns in intercultural communication
Depending on demand, the course is taught in English or German.
6 June 2019, 9am-5pm
7 June 2019, 9am-5pm
CHF 690 incl. course documentation; travel expenses, accommodation and meals are not included.
Additional fee for assessment (required for ECTS credits): CHF 60