/ Studium, Organisation
Job: Student assistant (6 hours per week)
Centre for African Studies Basel/Department of Social Sciences, University of Basel
The Centre for African Studies Basel and the Department of Social Sciences at the University of Basel look for a student assistant (6 hours/week) as part of the research project Reversing the Gaze: Towards Post-Comparative Area Studies funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
The successful candidate will
- assist the project coordinator in administration, research management and communication. The tasks include travel management, organizing events, data management, copy-editing/proofreading and content management (website).
- assist a research team consisting of two doctoral students and a professor in transcribing and managing data, searching literature, and copy editing/proofreading.
Candidates must be registered students at the University of Basel, ideally in the final stages of their BA or beginning of their MA studies.
We are looking for a reliable and motivated person with quick comprehension and good working knowledge of common office software. Social media skills are a plus. Very good English language skills (oral and written) are required, good language skills in German and/or French are desirable.
We offer you
We offer a position in an interdisciplinary project and in a vibrant and open work environment.
This student assistant position with six hours per week is scheduled to start on 1 March 2022 and is limited to one year. The general University regulations for student assistants apply.
Application / Contact
Applications should include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (maximum two pages);
- Curriculum vitae (maximum two pages);
- Certificates, references, diploma;
- A writing sample in English.
Deadline for submission: 13 February 2022
For enquiries, please contact Pascal Schmid (firstname.lastname@example.org, +41 61 207 34 82).