/ Forschung, Studium, Doktorat
Call for panels: Swiss Researching Africa Days 2022
Swiss Researching Africa Days of the Swiss Society for African Studies, 28-29 October 2022 (Institute for Social Anthropology, University of Bern)
The 7th edition of the Swiss Researching Africa Days will take place on 28-29 October 2022 at the Institute for Social Anthropology, University of Bern. The biennial Swiss Researching Africa Days are held alternating with the international thematic conferences of the Swiss Society for African Studies (SSAS). They are open to all disciplines representing African Studies. The objective of the meeting is to promote the exchange among the community of researchers working on Africa in Switzerland. Its goals are to
- present current research projects of MA- and doctoral students, post-docs and senior scholars;
- enhance the circulation of relevant information between these actors and the respective institutions;
- offer a platform for synergies and collaboration;
- enhance the visibility of African Studies in Switzerland, the universities and research institutions;
- promote the institutionalisation of African Studies.
Call for panels
The organizers invite proposals for panels of 90 minutes’ duration. Panel proposals include a text to be used for the call for papers (1/2 page), name, e-mail address and institutional affiliation/function of the convenor(s). As a rule, the composition of the panels shall be open but you may indicate potential participants. The conveners encourage panels organized by and composed of researchers from different Swiss universities, research groups and stages of the academic career.
Panel proposals should be submitted before 30 April 2022 to Didier Péclard (email@example.com). The organizers of the Swiss Researching Africa Days will announce the selected panels by 15 May 2022 and will then launch the call for papers.