Commission for Research Partnerships with Developing Countries (KFPE)
Workshop: "South-North and South-South Collaborations in Medical Genomics Research in Africa"
Overview: This online workshop aims to bring together three leading Principal Investigators (PIs) in medical genomics from three different African countries to discuss aspects and opportunities for South-South collaborations in the field. The workshop will also explore the risks and potential benefits of collaborating with medical genetics labs in the European Union and Switzerland.
- To discuss the modern challenges and opportunities in medical genomics research in Africa
- To share experiences and best practices in medical genomics research among the PIs
- To explore new strategies and approaches to advancing medical genomics research through South-South collaborations in Africa
- To evaluate the risks and benefits of collaborations with medical genetics labs in the European Union and Switzerland
- To develop guidelines for ethical and equitable collaborations with EU and Swiss scientists.
Organised by Hugues Abriel and Patricia Teixidor.
Speakers: Prof. Laila Bouguenouch from Fez, Morocco, Prof. Gerrye Mubungu from Kinshasa, DRC, Prof. Shahida Moosa from Stellenbosch University in Cape Town, South Africa.
Register now for the workshop to participate and receive the Zoom-Link.
Veranstaltung übernehmen als iCal